Wednesday, August 19, 2009

Hey Nikki, Whatcha been Sewing?

Well I'm glad you asked! It just so happens that I've finished a few great projects. Whats that,you want to see them? Well here ya go!

I love, love, love these little smocked dresses! Martha Stewart and her guest Heather Ross were making them on her show a few weeks ago so I hunted down the instructions on her website. Because it was my first time working with elastic thread I found another tutorial with instructions on how to use it. Altogether I there were 3 on-line tutorials that helped inspire my smocked dress creations. Heather Ross Dress House on Hill Road Sewing with Elastic Thread































































I also made a little skirt for Adele. It's a prototype really. I was inspired by this tutorial on Kuky Ideas. I had to modify the measurements a lot so let me know if you want to attempt it and I'll give you some hints.









Here are some fleece diaper covers I made for Della. They're super soft and absorbent, keeping her skin nice and dry. I sewed in a doubler for extra absorption.



















Inside out



And finally Noah got some underwear! Poor boy I really need to make him something cute but sewing for girls is so much fun! Anyways I sewed a doubler into some undies I found at Walmart to help him transition from diapers to underwear.
















Inside out.

2 comments: