Saturday, November 14, 2009

Upcycled Creations Part Deux: A Heat Pack for an Achy Back

Got some old pieces of scrap fabric you don't know what to do with? Don't throw them away, make this sweet rice heat therapy bag! I found this great tutorial from Sew Mama Sew the other day and I thought it would make a great gift for a friend of mine who just had a baby. I was going to make an entire "wellness package" but um ya...I ran out of time. After going through the instructions I was confused, so I simplified the project a bit and things turned out swell!


Basically I just cut a long rectangular piece of cotton I had left over from another project. At one end I sewed three cotton scraps and then fashioned the entire piece into a slip cover. This was the outside of the bag. For the interior sack I sewed a rectangular muslin bag that matched the dimensions of the exterior piece leaving one end open. I filled the muslin bag with rice mixed with fresh scented oils and sewed the bag shut. After stuffing the cover I was done. Voila a super chic heat therapy!


1 comment: