Tuesday, December 22, 2009

Music, Art, and Dance

So this Christmas season I discovered that when it comes to gifts, I work really well with themes. For Eden this year, her theme was "Music, Art, and Dance".

For the dance section of her gift I made a tulle princess skirt. I found this tutorial on a blog called Grosgrain and it was super easy! My only concern is that when Eden wears "princessey" things she often gets a spoiled rotten princess attitude to go with it (thank you Disney). So for this gift I wrote a short story to go along with it. In short, after a magical day of exploring, Eden is given a special princess skirt from a gentle King who explains that whoever wears it must behave with gentlness, kindness, generosity and obedience. By accepting the gift, and because of her grattitude and love for the King, Eden promises to act like a daughter of the King and not like a princess of the world I know it's cheesy but hopefully *fingers crossed* it'll work. Here are some pics.


































For "art" I created a craft/activity box that holds everything from necklace-making materials to pipe-cleaners (Eden will flip for these!). Sorry for the sideways pics but you get the idea. I pretty much owned all the materials, save for the file box and a few organizational aids that I got at Walmart. Oh ya, and check out the beads box, if that doesn't reinforce her obsessive side, I don't know what will!















And lastly, for "music" we got her a recorder. Ya know those plastic flute-like instruments you played "Twinkle-twinkle little star" on in third grade? Ya ,I hope we don't regret that decision, but I really think she'll enjoy learning how to play.






1 comment:

  1. Super cute! I love it all! So creative, crafty, imaginative and artsy!

    ReplyDelete