Friday, January 14, 2011

I'm overrun with....

school artwork!!! Argh! With three little ones in school or daycare I am constantly coming home with stacks and stacks of cute artwork that I can't bear to throw away. Wanna see a sample? Here ya go.

Ah cute right?! What kinda mom would I be to throw this away?! An awful, horrible, negligent mommy! But what's a mama to do when she's practically swimming in macaroni art? Well here are a few ideas I've gathered that have helped my and may help you too!

When artwork comes home it goes straight to the "art box" where it happily waits to get sorted. With three kids I usually need to clean it out every four months or so. {Well that's with it overflowing and pouring onto the ground...so maybe it should be every three months!}

Here are some other ideas:
1. Take a picture. You can store it digitally for as long as you'd like or print it out in a photobook like one you can order from Shutterfly.com .

2. Place in an art portfolio with the name and date or start an art book that your little one can draw in.











3. Send it to grandma! Becuase I've heard they love stuff like that. Eden also has a habit of making her at into cards for friends. So cute huh?! In fact Eden made a card for Micah Messer {which we still need to give to her}.

4. Frame and display your favorites. I love all of E's self portraits they're just so precious.







and last but not least......THROW IT AWAY! It's OK I won't judge you  :   )

1 comment:

  1. Awesome, Nikki! I am impressed by E's self portrait...the one by your bed is especially good, and I love all your ideas. We are not quite there yet, but we will be soon, and I imagine that would be hard to keep up with!

    ReplyDelete