Wednesday, May 6, 2009

Adele Vivienne

A few people have asked how we pronounce our little girl's name so I thought I'd clear things up. Adele is pronounced (Uh-del) and Vivienne (Viv-ee-en), with the emphases on the last syllable. The name Adele means noble and I thought these verses were perfect examples of things to pray for in a daughter:

  • And now, my daughter, don't be afraid. I will do for you all you ask. All my fellow townsmen know that you are a woman of noble character. Ruth 3:11
  • 
A wife of noble character is her husband's crown, but a disgraceful wife is like decay in his bones. Proverbs 12:4
  • A wife of noble character who can find? She is worth far more than rubies. Proverbs 31:10
  • 
"Many women do noble things, but you surpass them all." Proverbs 31:29
  • 
But the noble [woman] makes noble plans, and by noble deeds [she] stands. Isaiah 32:8
  • But the seed on good soil stands for those with a noble and good heart, who hear the word, retain it, and by persevering produce a crop. Luke 8:15
  • 
Now the Bereans were of more noble character than the Thessalonians, for they received the message with great eagerness and examined the Scriptures every day to see if what Paul said was true. Acts 17:11
Vivian was my grandmother's name. She was a woman of God and I loved her dearly. My grandmother went to be with the Lord a little over three years ago and I thought it would be nice to honor her by using her name. Vivian means "life" or "to be alive", I thought that was just beautiful. Adele, our noble little girl who is full of life.












3 comments:

  1. What great verses! She is a beautiful little girl with a beautiful name! I love all the photos too!

    ReplyDelete
  2. She looks great in her new onesies!

    ReplyDelete
  3. She is amazingly precious...my favorite pictures though are of Noah and Eden with Adele.
    You have such an amazing family!

    I am serious about coming over to help out next week if you need it. I'll call you!

    ReplyDelete