Sunday, July 11, 2010

Accidentally Perfect

Here are a few sewing projects that didn't turn out as expected. Both items were intended for yours truly but looked awful...just plain awful! So  instead of wasting the fabric I thought it would be prudent to try and salvage my creations by  transforming them into frocks for my little girls and I think they turned out smashingly!
This was intended to be a ruffled shirt for me. I was once again inspired by {Made by Lex}but when all was said and done and I tried the shirt on... I looked like a mad clown. Not mad like angry, mad as in crazy or demented. I really should have taken a picture...but it didn't strike me as a good idea at the time. But after a few adjustments it turned into a great dress for Del. I patterned it after a dress she already had.
This project was an upcycle men's shirt to women's peasant blouse gone wrong. I found the tutorial once again on {Made by Lex}. But I made the foolish decision of taking in the sides of the shirt thinking that the large men's shirt would certainly end up way to big for me. Well in the end it was uncomfortably small so...I refashioned it into a shirt-dress for Eden.
So hopefully this post inspires you to keep trying and not give up even when sewing projects go terribly wrong. 'Cause trust me if I can do it {being by nature impulsive and inattentive to details} anyone can!

1 comment:

  1. Nice Nikki! I love those and i'm quite inspired. I've been on a sewing kick lately and i can't wait to have more time to sew! I really love Del's little dress. =)

    ReplyDelete