Friday, July 9, 2010

The BIG sewing post Spring/Summer Edition

The point of this post is to a. inspire you to create your own sewing masterpieces and b. give a shout out to some sweet sewing links. So ya ready? Here we go!

Ruffled Tuxedo Shirt - This tutorial can be found at {Made by Lex}. I just love, love, love her blog!*ruffles are a great way to add flavor and fun to a plain tee*















 Tiered Skirt for Eden and Adele by {Kuky Ideas} -
*hint* if you try this be sure to double check the measuring before sewing. {please excuse my reluctant models. i realize that the photo doesn't exactly showcase the skirts so check out the link for a proper photo!}















Bean Bags - *A perfect idea for scrap pieces of fabric.*

































Bibs - Inspired from the tutorial found on {The Sewing Dork} blog. Fantastic huh?! *you can embellish the bibs with buttons and ribbon*And guess what if you're having a baby this year {or at any point in the future for that matter} there's a good chance you getting one! {oh ya and i realize the pics are sideways. why must you confound me blogger...why?!!}
I also have several vinyl bibs in que as well. These were inspired by {Make it Love it}. In the end I would love to create vinyl pocket bibs!











The Trendy Skirt - So cute. So trendy. So overpriced. So easy to sew {it took all of my internal strength not to use the "sew" pun...you're welcome} *I used a {basting stitch} to create the gathered look* This first is an example from {SaksFifthAvenue}

  








































Shirred Dress  - I found this tutorial on {Martha Stewart} last spring.
*hint* there's no need to back stitch at the end of each shirred row, just stretch the thread gently, turn, and continue sewing the next row*

If you watch the video on the link take notice of the fabric {Heather Ross} used, isn't it fantastic?! Here's a sample.
I love the whimsical ocean theme and have had my eye on that fabric line for over a year! Well I finally bit the bullet and bought some when I found out the line was being discontinued. The plan is to use it in the girl's room some time in the future.

















Upcycled Mama Shirt to Eden Dress - Why not turn an old shirt into a fantastic frock for you little girl?


front:back:
More links:

  • Prudent Baby - Absolutely fabulous sewing, decor, and craft ideas.

  • Made - Dana is incredibly talented and generous in sharing her sewing and crafty ideas!

  • ~Ruffles and Stuff~ - My favorite!!! Not only is Disney {she was named after Disney Chanel!} talented but she loves the Lord too! Stop by for sewing and decor tips.

4 comments:

  1. amazing Nikki! You are so talented in many ways this is just one of them :) Your children will never fear being cold, as you, their Proverbs 31 mama is clocking them in scarlet!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Why don't you live in Colorado so I could buy dresses from you?!!! (I'd rather buy them from you than learn how. :) )

    ReplyDelete
  3. Can you make me a skirt?? Seriously. You make such cute stuff Nik!

    ReplyDelete